Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Best TV Couples

We have seen so many quintessential couples and super couples on TV. They are so perfect for each other that we don't fancy them marrying anyone else but one another in reel life as well as real. Here are a few of my favorite TV couples!

1. Ross and Rachel (F.R.I.E.N.D.S.): "Ross and Rachel, Rachel and Ross, that's been one heck of see-saw hasn't it?!". They have been on and off so many times, we forgot to keep count after the fourth season. The fan-dom always knew that simple Ross would finally end up with twisted Rachel because, "she is his lobster". Even to this day, I get tears in my eyes every time I watch the episode in the third season where they were on "a break"! Rachel "moved on" to Mike, Joshua, the guy in the bar, Joey and more but finally settled down with Ross. That's a classy TV romantic couple for you!


2. Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky (Full House): Have Mercy! What a gorgeous couple these two make. I felt that Tanners made a perfect family when Becky joined them. Until then, it was more like watching another "3 men and a baby" kind of a show. What makes this couple perfect is that they are equally beautiful and equally funny! The way Jesse sings for her is what most girls dream of! They go through tough times together, help Danny raise his daughters and then get to raise their own kids (btw,the cutest kids I have ever seen on TV!).

Interestingly, recently, John Stamos spoke about how Lori could be the "one that got away" (Read about it here)! Sigh, I wish they were married to each other


3. Rachel and Finn (Glee): I knew they were gonna be a couple when they sang "smile" (by Lily Allen) and danced around. For some reason, quirky Rachel has a perfect fit in not-so-smart Finn. I loved it when Finn punched Brody in the face and said, "Stay away from my future wife"! As we were embracing the thought that this could be TVs next super couple, Cory passed away (May god bless his soul). It was heartbreaking to see Rachel sing "make you feel my love" as a tribute to Finn. 


4. Caroline and Klaus (The Vampire Diaries): Klaus's raw sexual magnetism and Caroline's chirpy next girl attitude makes this couple one of the best on TV. It was unexpected that out of so many good looking vampires and human females, the dangerous Klaus would fall for someone like Caroline Forbes! They are cute in so many different levels. With swoon-worthy lines like "He is your first love, I intend to be your last, however long it takes", Klause is definitely gonna swoop Caroline off her feet (from Tyler, who, in this case, I don't think, is the "alpha male") and soon they are both gonna dethrone Delena from the "favorite couple" spot!


5. I would want to include Damon-Elena (The Vampire Diaries), Paul and Jammie (Mad About You), Monica and Chandler (F.R.I.E.N.D.S.), Tom and Lynette (Desperate Housewives), Schmidt and Cece (New Girl), Lily and Marshall (How I Met Your Mother), Gloria and Jay (Modern Family) and Kurt and Blaine (Glee) in this list. 


There have been so many more TV super-couples in the past, but since, I haven't watched most of them, I cannot write about them. But here are a few of the couples that, I have heard, have defined romance on TV for a long time:

1. David and Maddie (Moonlighting)


2. Derek and Meredith (Grey's Anotomy)


3. Chuck and Blair (Gossip Girl)


4. Cory and Topanaga (Boy Meets World)

5. Jim and Pam (The Office)



etc.!

No comments: